TYPE 6, 6/6 AND NYLATRON GS (R)
Generic Name: Polyamide
Type 6/6: The most common form of nylon used as a punching grade stock. Supplied in sheet and coil form, can also be produced in rod and tube form.
Type 6: Also a very popularly grade of nylon where temperature is not a critical in application (lower temperature rating than 6/6).
Nylatron GS: A special grade of nylon that has been heat stabilized as well as lubricating elements added for better wear.
CHARACTERISTICS OF NYLON
- Standard colors available
- Resistance to abrasion
- Resistance to repeated impacts
- Punchable and machineable
- Resistance to organic solvents
- Retention of stiffness, tensile properties and shape at high temperatures
- Toughness at high and low temperature
- Self extinguishing
- Good creep resistance over some plastics
- Good service at higher temperatures
- Resistance to oils and gasolines
- UL#E41938 (Zytel*of duPont)
- MIL-M-20693A Polymide (Nylon) Type 1
- Mil-P-2209A Type I – Type II Weather Resistant, Black Only
- FEDERAL SPEC. L-P-395B
- ASTM-D-789 Type 1
- SAE AEROSPACE SPEC. AMS 3617
- FED. SPEC. L-P-410A MDS filled